If you are looking to engage an outsourcing provider, have you done your share of due diligence?
Not all outsourcing providers are alike, so it’s important to vet your top picks and know what how they stack up to your needs.
If you haven’t done a needs assessment, we highly recommend you do this before you ask for help from an outsource company.
Now, when you’re talking with outsource companies, be sure to ask a number of questions around the following key areas:
- What business model does the outsourcing provider have?
- What are their areas of expertise and capabilities in those areas?
- What is the financial position of the company?
- How large is the company and where are staff located?
- What are their points of differentiation?
- Can the company provide several references of current and past clients?
- Can they provide case studies or previous examples with you?
People and Management
- Do they have onshore staff as account managers, or do you deal directly with an offshore team?
- Do they hire contractors, or are all staff directly employed by the company?
- How do they ensure up-to-date knowledge of their teams?
- Do they run their own training programs? What are their internal requirements?
- What qualifications can your team have?
- What is the process if something needs to be escalated?
- Do they have the capacity to scale quickly?
- Do they follow a defined methodology or improvement system (ie: Six Sigma)?
- Do they have standardised reporting guidelines?
- Do staff adhere to processes to set processes or is there flexibility to co-create a new process?
- What is their experience with software you utilise?
- How is data transferred between yourself and the company?
- What precautions do they take and what does security look like to the company?
- Do they adhere to outsourcing data protection laws?
- Are their servers located onshore?
- How do they ensure data integrity and accountability?
- Do they have backup processes and disaster recovery plans?
- How is pricing structured? Are there different models?
- Are there any hidden costs or cost exclusions from an agreement?
- Is cost determined by milestones? What happens if these are not met?
See our answers to these questions. Simply visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Have another outsourcing question?
If you have a specific query for our team, start a dialogue today and ask us. Leave us a note on our website, and we’ll be in touch.