Why Deny Your Business from Online Accounting Software Benefits
To be or not to be? That is the question you might be facing right now if you still haven’t switched to using online accounting software for your small business. Probably, most of your competitors have joined the cloud accounting bandwagon at this moment. Whatever force that’s stopping you from converting into the cloud, we’re here to tell you to stop making the old ways rule over your accounting.
Chances are big that online accounting software companies have been shoving their products in your face for quite some time. No, we are not among them and we do not represent one company if you ask. But we’re honest when we tell you that we would be both amazed and appalled to know if you’re still stacking up spreadsheets to do your accounting.
The Perfect Situations to Convert to Online Accounting Software
So when should be the perfect time to do the big move? Here are some instances that would prompt you to make the switch.
1. When you have to wait for days for everything to be entered and accounted for before seeing a complete and updated data. – You need to make financial decisions everyday as a business owner, and you need data as fast and as accurate as possible. You can only make effective decisions when you have the newest information in your hands. With online accounting software, most entries are automated so you always get real-time data.
2. When your hard drive is loaded with bulky data causing your desktop accounting software to function like a slug. – These days, people want everything instant. You will not survive for long if you keep on moving at a slow pace with your equally slow software. Online accounting software can offer your hard drive a nice treatment by storing all the data in the cloud. And by this we mean in remote servers that you can quickly access anytime and anywhere as long as you have internet connection.
3. When your server once crashed and you’re left with nothing. Or when your PC ran into a virus that erased or damaged your data, and you forgot to backup the latest records. – Any of these is a major disaster for your company. And this could possibly happen anytime now that data thieves are prowling everywhere. Your valuable data is safe and strictly secured in the cloud. Data stored in online accounting software are protected with a military-grade security system and are always backed up in multiple server locations.
4. When you’re paying more for offline software updates or for features you don’t actually need. – With online accounting software, you don’t have to pay an upfront cost to install it. You only pay for the features you want to use and stop paying when you no longer see the need. Plus, updates are automatically done by the developers for free.
5. When you can only afford an offline accounting software for a maximum of two or three people. – This is a common problem for offline software. With online accounting software, you can let as many users as you want to access your accounts. This makes sharing data easier and faster for collaboration.
The Final Verdict
Your business will suffer if you don’t make the switch now. Many companies are transferring their accounts to online accounting software. It could be hard for you to keep up when it’s too late. If you don’t find the situations above as threats to your business, the final decision is still yours.